IPhone 5C Hard Reset
Master Reset Instructions
CLICK ON YOUR RESPECTIVE DEVICES OPERATING SYSTEM
These instructions will help you master reset your phone, if you are unable to master reset your phone or you have a device that does not run on operating system then continue on below
IPhone 5C Hard Reset
Hard Reset Instructions
A hard reset, also known as a factory reset or master reset, is the restoration of a device to the state it was in when it left the factory. All settings, applications and data added by the user are removed.
In order to perform a factory reset, follow these steps:
1. On the homescreen go to SETTINGS.
2. Go to GENERAL.
3. Scroll down and click RESET.
4. Click ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS.
5. ERASE IPHONE
6. IPHONE WILL DELETE ALL MEDIA, DATA, AND RESET ALL SETTINGS.
If you need to restore the iPhone to its original state the process requires iTunes. This can be useful for troubleshooting to see if a problem is hardware or software related. The process can also reset an iPhone for resale, wiping all personal data from the device.
Should you suspect a hardware issue with your iOS device, Apple will normally recommend a complete restore to see if this clears up the problem. You can save time when you go to the Apple store by trying a complete restore first. Restoring will update your iPhone firmware to the latest version.
If your iPhone is booting to a black screen you need to follow additional steps before restoring your iPhone.
Before you connect your iPhone with the USB cable, start iTunes. Make sure iTunes is finished downloading podcast, updating, etc.
Connect your iPhone to the computer and wait 10-15 seconds for the connection.
Press and hold both the sleep/wake button and home button on your iPhone.
After 10 seconds, release the sleep/wake button and continue to hold the home button only.
5. Wait a few more seconds and iTunes should pop up a dialogue box that asks if you are ready to restore your iPhone. Your iPhone is in recovery mode.
Sometimes when you press the home button and sleep/wake button together the iPhone will try to reboot again. If this happens and you see the Apple logo disconnect the iPhone and start from step 1
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
2. Make sure your iPhone is selected from the left menu in iTunes.
3. Click the Restore button in the center of the iTunes Summary tab.
4. You can choose to Back Up the contents of your iPhone to the computer.
5. iTunes will ask if you’re ready to Restore the iPhone, this will wipe all of your data and settings from the device. Click Restore.
6. iTunes will download, prepare and restore the software on your iPhone. Do not unplug the iPhone from the computer during this process!
7. When finished, iTunes will ask if you want to restore from backup. Choose “Set up as a new iPhone” to start fresh with factory settings.
8. Enter a name for your iPhone and the process is complete.